Tuesday, May 10, 2016

To Spain with Baldisserri – Quotidiano.net

I am just back from a conference in Luca Baldisserri company.

The Baldo!

When someone better than me will write the history of Ferrari in its heyday, will silent on the role.

Because Luke was there and helped to fourteen (14) world titles won by the Red between 1999 and 2008.

I asked him to tell me what He is doing now and what do you think, from the outside of Formula One, since a few months ago has left the company from Maranello.

the people who heard it was a lot of fun.

‘I have no nostalgia for the Grand Prix. there TONERO more, they belong to the past. In general I think that when you are a former must continue to love the world that you attended, leaving those who came to work in your place … ‘

‘ I take care of the young Strotl and I follow the activities of the team Prema. I’m also following Mick Schumacher, Michael’s son. Just Tuesday we made in Imola test. Mick weighs on the surname leading, in Germany it is virtually besieged by the curiosity of the media. It ‘s inevitable! ….’

‘His father has the method, when he was in karting dad sent him something. And ‘soon to say where it will arrive and this also applies to Stroll. However, if disembarked in Formula One, I would watch them on television, is a life that is no longer for me … ‘

‘ For Ferrari today I’m a fan. I do not know closely the problems of the Scuderia, remember that with the Grand Prix I finished in the spring of 2009 and many years have passed. I just like the turn that took motor racing, Formula One has become too distant from the desires of the common people, should it closer to the public passion …. ‘

‘ Do you know, when evaluating results Red would not hurt to keep in mind one thing, that was also true for the period when I was active in the pits. In Maranello, we have always had a tendency to focus a lot on the immediate, on the needs of the present. Underestimating the impact of changes of rules. Remember the 2005? The prohibition of changing the tires in the race we esplanade. And in 2009, the new aerodynamic? Maybe the double diffuser was illegal, but we were blown away. The same thing seems to me to have occurred with the 2014 and the return of turbo technology … ‘

‘ When you’re behind the face of a new, fit it is very, very difficult. Or change the rules or you must have patience. But with Ferrari it is not easy for the general public, be angry, patience. I arrived in the company in 1989, we won the first world manufacturers ten years later, just as an example? … ‘

‘ Jean Todt and Ross Brawn at that time were fundamental. And ‘the discovery of hot water, you will say. Yes, it is the discovery of hot water. Both had a precious capacity could make people work together. And I would add that the French could rein in the excesses of Montezemolo. Without them it is not the same thing … ‘

‘ I honestly can not tell you if Maurizio Arrivabene and James Allison are of the same stuff. Maurizio arrived at Ferrari when I was coming out, and Allison was there when I was a technical director. Hopefully, do not recognize myself in the former that gufano, who support against, I find them sad … ‘

‘ Schumi was also a great off the track, because it made you realize how important it was for him the group, the team . Outside Grand Prix at least once a week he was calling me, wanting to know what he was doing such a technical and if this mechanic was in shape. I will waste no more words to explain how important it was for us … ‘

‘ Alonso on the track is as strong as Vettel. But Alonso is missing all that Vettel off the track. Seb goes down in the dynamics of a team, is never considered as a single figure. Then you understand that if you do not have a car it’s not that you win with your heart and spirit, but the heart and soul help you if the car is good … ‘

‘ This overwhelming dominance of Mercedes I did not expect. Numbers in hand are more dominant in my Ferrari, the Ferrari of Schumacher, Todt, Brawn, et cetera. I realized that I have started to prepare the turbo was two years in advance, while the Maranello limits at the sight of the great technological breakthroughs I have already spoken. The difference is gained there … ‘

‘ That time of four stops Schumi in France? Eh, maybe we do a book, but I can only write you … ‘

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment