Monday, March 2, 2015

Regional, Giorgio Pagano: “The words of Don Farinella me … – Shippingonline

 Giorgio Pagano

Giorgio Pagano

->

Genoa – We publish a letter of Giorgio Pagano , in which he explains the choice to run for president of the Region of Liguria . Pagano, launched the Other Liguria and the group of San Torpete, the church of Father Paolo Farinella, is the first challenger to the left for the candidate of the Democratic Party Raffaella Paita.

“Friday I met at dinner, in Genoa, Don Paolo Farinella and some of his friends, professionals, teachers, social workers. – Writes Pagano – They met after the meeting in the church of San Torpete of 13 February, and now are working because, in the next election, there is a radical change in Italian Riviera. I do not know how they came to me-I do not personally know any of them-but they asked me with great warmth to run for President of the region, driving an array of civic and alternative. ”

I never thought . – More – When I stopped doing the mayor of La Spezia, in 2007, I gave up on each assignment institutional and political, in the sense of “traditional” of the term, to choose the social commitment from below: culture, anti-fascism, anti-racism, international cooperation … In a few months I should start a beautiful project in Africa, to Sao Tome: the local development plan of a province. It can be useful and do politics in this way, without exercising power. And yet I resisted not a little, but in the end I gave to these new friends my availability. With great interior suffering: the thought of changing life again and to return to a world from which I departed for the degradation that I saw, since then increased sharply, really upsets me. ”

“But the words of the priest convinced me : Liguria is in a state very serious in terms of economic, environmental and even moral, there is a kind of” party One of the Region “that obviously can not get us out of the crisis that has brought us, and yet, despite the scandals and poisons, there is a real alternative … – writes Pagano – No candidate was put into play, others have come out scene for the vetoes of this or that … That’s why I said I’m there, if I have the consent of the living forces of this region, and you will not find someone better than me to exercise this role. If this was someone there, if previous candidates ripensassero there, I’d be happy to give them a hand, as I promised. ”

“I think it’s very serious to have arrived at this point: there is, in Liguria, a disgruntled huge , there is anger, there is a desire for a new beginning. You have to be politically this social push. Not with a coalition of small parties but with a large deployment popular, civic and change, open to society, with alternative messages to the dominant system and a program of radical novelty: participatory planning instead of mere administration and management of the agreement; clear relationship between the majority and the opposition instead of the hood consociational; economics of beauty-a great plan of small works alternatives to the great works expensive and unnecessary, counter-hydrogeological, revitalization of the hinterland, the regeneration of the suburbs, renewable energy, sustainable tourism, culture creatively instead of the cement; technology industry and ecological instead of the pollutant; new forms of social protection as the minimum income instead of the old welfare … News and tear, but also anchor the “tradition” of the defense of the working classes. ”

“But the first point of the program is that democracy must again be welcoming and bumper, because the citizens can go to vote and decide their future. concludes Pagano – We have no time. No matter the role that each of us will have in the project – the candidate can also be another, I have no ambition whatsoever – but imports the project. Which must be able to speak to the majority of the citizens of, and to win. “

© All rights reserved

->

This news leaves me

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment